White Water Rafting Bali
You may think Bali is all about the beaches and the surf, but that’s only part of the picture. Many other adventurous activities await you on this island paradise, and whitewater rafting is one of them. Feel the adrenaline rush and see more of Bali’s spectacular scenery whilst white water rafting in one of best locations, the famous Ayung River.
The Ayung River, Ubud, is by far one of the most exciting locations when it comes to white water rafting Bali. The river enjoys stable water condition throughout the year; Even during the dry season, there will be enough water in the river to get your adrenaline pumping. The Ayung River has grade two and three rapids on it. The section that you’ll raft is about 10 – 12 kilometers long and it takes about two hours to complete the trip.
A trip on the Ayung River also offers spectacular views of the unspoiled rainforest as well as wildlife such as Blue Javan Kingfisher, rice paddy fields, magnificent and hidden waterfalls, and incredible stone carvings on river walls in some areas.
Whitewater rafting is a must-do adventure in Bali if you want to combine fun with seeing more of the beautiful nature of Bali. Before your trip starts, you will be given a full safety briefing where you raft guide will explain how you will work together as a team under their instructions to take on the rapids. Make sure you listen carefully to the essential safety information that will also be shared during this briefing. As you raft, you will also come across casual cruising areas where the jungle forms a canopy above you, the rapids ease off and you can relax and take in your surroundings.
Your arrival at the starting point of the rafting trip is the beginning of your adventure. You will be briefed by expert rafting instructors about the equipment that will be used for rafting such as paddles, rubber boat, and buoyancy aid. You will also be taught as to how you should sit in the boat, how you should take care yourself if the boat happens to capsize, and informed of all the other aspects you should be aware of to ensure comfort and safety of the participants. Children from the age of 5 years and upwards are welcome on the trip as long as they are accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
Along the way, you will get to discover hidden waterfalls, enjoy a swim in crystal clear waters, and gain more insight into a river ecosystem from the experienced and expert guides who will be accompanying you in the ride.
The finishing point of the rafting trip is Karangdalem. Here you will have a place to relax, and get changed. You can even enjoy a hot water shower and treat yourself to delicious buffet lunch in the restaurant that overlooks the stunning valley.
Anybody from the age of 5 to 70 is welcome to enjoy Ayung River white water rafting. It is recommended that you bring items such as swimming costume, sunscreen, camera, and change of clothes when you come for the white water rafting experience. You can choose the morning, midday, or afternoon rafting trip.
If you opt for the morning river rafting trip, you will be picked up from your hotel at around 8:00 a.m. and dropped back at about 2:00 p.m. For the midday rafting trip, you will have to leave your at around 9:30 a.m. and return back by about 4:30 p.m. In the case of the afternoon rafting trip, the pickup is at 11:30 a.m. and the drop back is at 6:30 p.m.
Your Bali white water rafting adventure will include the following:
- Welcome drink. Tea and coffee are free.
- Pick up and drop back in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Professional and experienced river rafting guide.
- Safety equipment of international standards.
- One bottle mineral water during Ayung River rafting.
- Waterproof bag on boats to keep your valuable belongings safe.
- Buffet lunch and one soft drink (complimentary).
- Shower facility and towel.
- International insurance cover.
As we’ve said, you’ll be given a full briefing before your rafting adventure starts, but here are some of the main pointers to help you have a safe and enjoyable time out on the river:
- Always wear the buoyancy aid given to you.
- Ensure that your buoyancy aid is comfortable and buckled.
- Pay attention to what your river guide says.
- Notify your river guide if you have any specific medical condition.
- Wear proper footwear. Avoid slippers or flip-flops. Sandals with ankle straps, water shoes, or old sneakers are the best-suited ones.
- Help fellow rafters get back into the raft if they happen to fall off into the water.
- Never stand up when the raft is moving.
- If you happen to fall off into the water, float downstream on your back.
- Avoid debris, branches, or trees that have fallen into the river.
White water rafting in Bali is an exciting and challenging activity. You’ll get to experience some of the most breath taking scenery that the island has to offer, as well as get your adrenaline pumping. Safety is of course of the upmost importance and you can be sure that all guides are suitably experienced and, in the very unlikely even of anything going wrong, insurance is included in your tour costs for this trip